Today, I got notified that a fellow blogger, M.J. Moores, has nominated me for a Liebster Award!
For those who are unaware of what this award is, here is a quick rundown for you:
- It is an online award, and online only.
- The word liebster means dearest, lovely, kind, etc.
- It is an award that is passed on to multiple people, not just for one blogger only.
- This award is given to recognize new bloggers with good writing content and writing skills.
- If nominated, you thank the person who nominated you and acknowledge them.
- Add the Liebster Award badge to your profile.
- If nominated, answer 11 questions presented to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- Then, list 11 random facts about yourself.
- After listing the 11 facts, nominate 11 other blogs who have under 200 followers, and also let these bloggers know that you have nominated them.
- Give those 11 chosen bloggers 11 questions for them to answer upon being nominated.
*These rules have been known to change from blog-to-blog. Some rules state under 500 followers, that you have to pick between 5 and 11 blogs, etc.
M.J. Moore’s Questions For Me:
Who or what inspires you as a writer and as a human being?
There are two people in my life that inspire me as a writer and as a human being: my husband and my mom. My husband and I have been married for 3 years this year, and together for 4, and he inspires me every day in many ways. My mom has been rooting for my writing since Day One, and when she passed away in December 2013, I nearly lost my faith in writing. Remembering how she rooted for me and believed in me, along with the support of my husband, pushed me to continue writing and I am glad that I did.
What motivates you to get out of bed every morning?
To put it simply: life. Life motivates me to get out of my bed every morning, breathe in the fresh air, and take on yet another new day. I look at it as I have my whole future ahead of me, after all I am only 22. I want to experience as much in this world as I can, and that can’t happen from being in bed all day.
If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be and why?
I would go back and spend almost every spare minute I had with my grandmother and my mother. My grandmother was like a second mother to me more than a grandparent, and she passed away 2 months before my mom did, completely shattering my world. I would soak in the wisdom that they both had to tell me, more so than I did in the past.
If you were a superhero, what would your power(s) be and why?
More than anything, I have always wanted to fly. Which honestly makes absolutely zero sense because I’m afraid of heights.
What’s a moment in your past you are now able to laugh at but couldn’t at the time?
Oh gosh, I have a lot of those. Hmm…The high school I went to had a courtyard beside the lunch room, where most students wandered into after they ate and stayed until it was time to return to class. One particular day, I believe in my 10th grade year, it was particularly windy outside and my best friend, myself, and one other friend decided to go out into the courtyard regardless. I had a habit of sitting my notebook down on the stone steps and sitting next to it, and I had forgotten this day to zip the notebook up before I sat it down. So, upon sitting it down, it flew open and the courtyard was flurried with white paper from my notebook. I stood there, mortified, while my best friend ran around trying to grab the papers. They ended up on the roof, in the trees, everywhere. It was horrifying then, but now I think it was hilarious and of course it would happen to me.
If you could live anywhere on Earth, where would you choose and why?
Ireland. I have always felt drawn there, and my mom and I had told each other that we would go there together one day but never got the chance. I think it is a beautiful place and I believe I would love living there.
What’s your biggest worry right now?
Getting through college.
What is your best physical attribute?
What is your best characteristic?
How much I forgive others.
What is your worst characteristic?
The same thing as my best characteristic. I forgive too easily.
Do you remember your dreams? How does that affect you (or not)?
Usually, yes, but only the negative ones. I rarely ever remember my good dreams. I dream of my mom a lot since she passed away, and they affected me negatively because more often than not, it’s a dream where she didn’t pass away or I magically got her back, then I wake up to find out it was just a dream and the harsh reality of what really happened hits me like a sledgehammer.
11 Random Facts About Myself:
- I’m rather short, around 5’4″.
- My favorite color is bright blue.
- I’m terrified of spiders and small spaces.
- I am a photographer.
- I spend too much time on Tumblr.
- I’ve been writing poetry since I was in my early teens.
- I’m a sucker for love.
- I have an addiction to reading books.
- I love Stephen King books.
- I’m also a sucker for mystery novels.
- I really love the Grimm’s Fairy Tales collection.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award:
My 11 Questions for those I’ve Nominated:
- What/Who inspired you to start writing?
- What inspired you to start blogging your writing?
- What do you love most about writing?
- What is the best book you’re read recently?
- Who is your favorite author?
- What is you favorite piece of writing (poem/book/etc.)?
- What is your favorite childhood memory?
- What are some of your other hobbies besides writing?
- If you could tell your younger self something, what would it be?
- If you could change something about the world, what would it be?
- What is the one place you want to visit more than anything?